- Technology: Proprietary blend of three reagents to meet both TCLP and SPLP requirements for lead and arsenic, reagents delivered in bulk and mixed in-situ >with specialized blending equipment
- Regulatory: Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP)
- Type: In-Situ Chemical Fixation Project
- Position: Remediation Contractor
- Contaminating metal: Lead (Pb) and Arsenic (As)
- Volume of media: 55,700 Tons
- Type of material: Fertilizer Manufacturing Waste
- TCLP baseline: 28-44 mg/l
- TCLP treated: <0.75mg/l to ND
Soil Solutions HMR provided remediation recipe design, pilot testing, field supervisor and reagent procurement for the in-situ treatment and processing of arsenic and lead bearing soil at the Weymouth Neck Project.
The remediated soils were tested by both TCLP and SPLP methods, and the treated soil passed MA GW-3 groundwater standards and RCRA TCLP levels for onsite reuse.
Treatment operations were performed in-situ to depths of 15’ with specialized slurry/mixing equipment.
Quest Diagnostic Headquarters
Soil Solutions HMR was the soil remediation contractor for Quest Diagnostic Headquarters in New Jersey- treating 25,000 tons of lead-contaminated soil
Ore Hill Mine Site Restoration
Soil Solutions HMR treated the CERCLA abandoned mine tailings in Ore Mine Site Warren, NH ex-situ treatment of 50,400 tons of lead and zinc impacted soil.
Weymouth Neck Project
Soil Solutions HMR provided in-situ treatment and processing of arsenic and lead-bearing soil at Weymouth Neck (Conoco Phillips, URS, Clean Harbors)
Settling Lagoon Solidification
Soil Solutions HMR was contracted for the solidification of Lead impacted sediments in a settling lagoon at the American Optical facility in Massachusetts.
MIT Housing Project
Soil Solutions HMR provided in-situ chemical fixation for MIT's Lansdowne Street New Housing and Construction project building on lead-impacted soils.
Route 146 Extension Project
Massachusetts Hwy Dept contracted Soil Solutions HMR for ex-situ chemical fixation on lead-impacted soils in the extension of Route 146 in Worcester.
Boston Convention Center Project
The Boston Redevelopment Authority contracted Soil Solutions HMR for the Boston convention center during the Big Dig in Boston, conducting ex-situ thermal desorption and chemical fixation.