- Technology: Buffered Phosphate, specifically blended for SSTT, delivered in bulk by dump trailers and mixed with standard hydraulic equipment.
- Type: Ex-Situ Remediation and On-site Containmanet & Disposal
- In-Situ: Specialized equipment to create a slurry for surficial remediation of residuals.
- Regulatory: CERCLA Removal Action—U.S. Forest Service
- Type of material: Mine Tailings & Waste Rock
- Contaminating metals: Lead and Zinc
- Position: Treatment Technology Provider
- Volume of media: 50,400 processed tons
- Treatment Goals (Lead & Zinc):
- SPLP: <0.1 mg/l & <0.18 mg/l
- MEP: <0.7 mg/l & <5.0 mg
Soil Solutions was contracted to work on the CERCLA Non-Time Critical Removal Action performed by the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) at the Ore Mine Site in Warren, NH.
The project included remediation design and pilot testing, and the excavation and ex-situ treatment of 50,400 tons of zinc and lead-impacted abandoned mine tailings using dry treatment reagents.
Since the material was placed in an on-site repository, treatment goals set by the USFS were in the low part per million range, designed to meet groundwater standards.
Treatment success was judged by both SPLP and 10-day MEP analysis.
Soil Solutions also developed a liquid reagent application to remediate residual tailings in the 3.5-acre excavation area.
Quest Diagnostic Headquarters
Soil Solutions HMR was the soil remediation contractor for Quest Diagnostic Headquarters in New Jersey- treating 25,000 tons of lead-contaminated soil
Ore Hill Mine Site Restoration
Soil Solutions HMR treated the CERCLA abandoned mine tailings in Ore Mine Site Warren, NH ex-situ treatment of 50,400 tons of lead and zinc impacted soil.
Weymouth Neck Project
Soil Solutions HMR provided in-situ treatment and processing of arsenic and lead-bearing soil at Weymouth Neck (Conoco Phillips, URS, Clean Harbors)
Settling Lagoon Solidification
Soil Solutions HMR was contracted for the solidification of Lead impacted sediments in a settling lagoon at the American Optical facility in Massachusetts.
MIT Housing Project
Soil Solutions HMR provided in-situ chemical fixation for MIT's Lansdowne Street New Housing and Construction project building on lead-impacted soils.
Route 146 Extension Project
Massachusetts Hwy Dept contracted Soil Solutions HMR for ex-situ chemical fixation on lead-impacted soils in the extension of Route 146 in Worcester.
Boston Convention Center Project
The Boston Redevelopment Authority contracted Soil Solutions HMR for the Boston convention center during the Big Dig in Boston, conducting ex-situ thermal desorption and chemical fixation.